Evaluation of Open Invitation

Evaluation of Open Invitation

Effectiveness of my roles

I think that I was very effective in the completion of my roles in Open Invitation. One of my roles was to ensure that I knew and was confident with the choreography that I needed to know so that I could give a confident and high-energy performance in all of my pieces. I think I achieved this well as I didn't forget or mess up any steps and I completely knew what I was doing at all times. I also fulfilled my role of making sure that all my costumes were there and ready for me to change into backstage, especially on the first night, as I made sure that everything was ready and waiting so that I could get changed efficiently so I was ready for my next number. I was also very effective in ensuring I was in the correct place at the correct time, with no jewelry on and wearing the correct footwear. This therefore ensured that I was safe on stage and ready and prepared to dance. I also succeeded in ensuring I was always backstage getting mentally prepared to perform before I went on.
One role I think I could have fulfilled better was that it was my responsibility to ensure that I was warmed up completely and completely ready to go on stage. I did warm up prior to going on, every time, however during one show I didn't feel warm enough by the time we went on stage as I should have left more time to stretch out properly. I also feel that I could have made sure I was more mentally prepared by leaving just another 5 minutes before standing by the door about to go in. This would have allowed me to ensure that I was completely ready to perform. I also should have taken more responsibility for my hydration as I don't feel that I was always properly hydrated throughout the performance.
Overall, I think that I was very effective in completing all of my roles and responsibilities as for me the show ran very smoothly and there were no moments of panic, and no moments where I was rushing around last minute. I was very organised and knew what I was doing at all times so I think I definitely took responsibility for the roles I needed to complete and was successful in doing this.

Effectiveness of my collaboration with staff and students

I think my collaboration with staff and students was very effective. Backstage, when working with the tech team in order to ensure that I had my microphones on and off in time, I worked cooperatively and together we got the job done quickly and efficiently so that no time was wasted. In addition to this, I took on board the corrections and alterations given by the teachers to ensure that the performance ran as smoothly as possible. Additionally, I and the other students worked together so that we could iron out any small changes to the choreography or to the formations with as little fuss as possible and we also did this as quickly as possible for the most part. Additionally, I think I communicated well with the other dancers about when we needed to go and warm up, and we prepared together to ensure that we were more mentally ready to perform as well as being more physically prepared. I also listened well to the theatre staff and what they told us in terms of health and safety and looking after the equipment.
My collaboration with the other students could have been slightly better in preparation for the flash mob on the day and when we were running one section, the hairspray jazz section, there were some of the other dancers in the performance space, and we all should have made it clear that they needed to move out of the way before beginning the section. I think overall, the communication in the flash mob was the worst, as we were all slightly confused about what was going to happen for the transitions of the piece, so we should have clarified these in more detail beforehand, as despite the fact that it all worked out in the end for the performance, I and some others were very anxious about it before we began. 
Overall, I think that I was very successful in my collaboration with the staff and students, as the show ran very smoothly because of this communication and every slight problem was able to be solved without panic and without worry, and they were solved efficiently and quickly also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/9/17 - Additional Research on Warm Ups, Cool Downs, Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention

01/12/17 - CV for Mock Interview

8/9/17 - Injuries, Warm Ups and Cool Downs