10/11/17 - Mock Commercial Audition Reflection

Mock Commercial Audition Reflection

1. How confident did you feel prior to the Mock Audition?

Under Confident             Neutral          Fairly Confident           Very Confident

2. Identify why you felt this way. 

I felt neutral before going into the mock audition because commercial is a style that I have never really explored before, and I have only ever been to one or two commercial classes in my life. It is also definitely not one of my stronger styles as I am better suited to contemporary, however I wasn't under confident because I feel that I pick up new styles quickly. 

3. How did you prepare for the mock audition?

To prepare, I carefully chose the clothes I was wearing to suit the audition, I practised the style by going over other commercial choreography that I know. I ate a good breakfast and made sure I drank a lot of water to keep hydrated so my brain could focus as best as possible. I got a lot of sleep the night before in order to focus better and be more alert.

4. What were your strengths in the mock audition?
  • Adapting my movement style to the commercial style of the audition
  • Working hard throughout and not getting lazy
  • Being focused and entirely concentrated at all times
5. What were the challenges in the mock audition? 
  • Picking up the choreography really quickly
  • Changing the way I dance based on what the audition is for
  • Standing out from the crowd
6. What will you take from this mock audition that you can apply to future classes/auditions?

I will remember to make sure my outfit stands out so that I can always be noticed, and I will remember to, when free-styling, show that I can do other styles like contemporary or hip hop. I will also remember to always go full out every time we run the dance and make sure I get to the front of the class whenever I can so that I can see the choreography clearer and catch the details.

7. What qualities do you need to make a positive impact in an audition setting?
  • You need to be extremely focused and concentrated at all times
  • Individual and show what makes you different from everyone else
  • Positive and hard-working, not comparing yourself to others in the room


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/9/17 - Additional Research on Warm Ups, Cool Downs, Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention

01/12/17 - CV for Mock Interview

8/9/17 - Injuries, Warm Ups and Cool Downs