15/9/17 - Warm Up Evaluation

EVALUATION OF OUR WARM UP:

I think our warm up was successful, as it achieved our aims which were to increase joint mobility, increase flexibility, strengthen the muscles, particularly the abs and arms, and increase the heart rate. Looking at the heart rate first, we did burpees and a lot of jumping jacks, and while the heart rate was raised, I think we should have performed these cardio activities for a longer period of time because I think we jumped into stretching a little to quickly and we weren't warm enough to do so. Also, I think the order of our warm up could have been improved slightly because we did rib isolations at the end while I think it would have been better to do them after the joint mobility exercises which should have been after the cardio work. This would have made us more warm to increase flexibility further and go further into our stretches. I do think we had a really good range of movement and some more rarely seen exercises and stretches which made the warm up more interesting to complete. However, I do think it would have been more effective to hold some of the stretches for longer, so as to increase flexibility as much as possible, particularly as the body only really realises it is stretching after about 30 seconds. I also think we could have included some hip isolations as well as chest isolations to maximise the parts of the body that our warm up reached. However, I think the strengthening part of our warm up was very efficient, as it targeted different parts of the abs, and made them really work to increase strength. I also think the press-ups were very effective in improving arm strength, as they were slow and steady, which made them even more strenuous and strengthening to the arms. I also think, in the strengthening portion of the warm up, that we were able to reach a breaking point and then surpass this to improve strength as much as possible. I do think we could have done some squats or some lunges, and we could have bounced up and down slowly in either a pliĆ© in second, or a lunge, to target a wider range of body parts to create a more well-rounded strengthening exercise. We also could have included more exercises to warm the neck as well as the ankles, but I think we were successful in increasing joint mobility in the shoulders and knees, as we did a lot of shoulder rolls. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/9/17 - Additional Research on Warm Ups, Cool Downs, Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention

01/12/17 - CV for Mock Interview

8/9/17 - Injuries, Warm Ups and Cool Downs